Jan 11, 2014

The Bus






Love is like a bus, or
bus is like love . . . 



When you are a child , your parents will tell like, be ready on time or else you'll miss the bus , and if u miss the bus , you'll be late in school , if you are late in school, principal will come , bla bla bla. But its only when you miss the bus, you'll be able to know what will really happen.




Like ways, it’s only when you lost your first love, you'll get to know about the real world. You might be travelling in the old fashioned so called ‘aana vandy’ earlier, but the miss may help you to know about the new low-floor-ac. But it’s purely your decision to switch to it or not.




In my case, I found the older as hot - may be because the low-floor-ac was so cold - or may be because of my emotional attachment to it, or may be because of the fear of missing the newer version later or may be because I'm a no changer, whatever you call it, I became a pedestrian than adopting to newer one.




Being a pedestrian is not that joyful, especially when you are alone. So the temptation to try other modes of transportation will be very high. But I somehow managed to walk alone.




I was not walking to find the missed bus or to find a newer one, but its destiny - i think- which made me to reach a place called ' bus stand '. Every bus was inviting me, and of course I found the missed bus in a corner and no one was entering in it because of the better options available.



I didn’t get any invitation by voice like the other bus conductors gave. May be it’s my mistake to come late, or the bus's mistake to come early, but the fact that I missed my bus remains the same. From the sound of its engine I understood - or I really felt it - that the bus expects my presence to regain the collection.




It was a moment of utter confusion. I didn’t know what to do. One side, it’s an apt time to take revenge, on the other, it’s the time to re-establish the relation.



All I have left was a 10 rupee coin. I tossed the coin. Let the fate decide. I saw the faces of lions of Asoka in coin's upper side, and my destiny was clear. I continued walking. The lions of Asoka, resting in a dirty manhole, gave me a silent goodbye.




* * * * * * * * * * *

Moral: never play with coins.





No comments:

Post a Comment